There are endless notepad, sticky notes, and text editor software available for free. Some of those are used daily and can’t be replaced at any cost, such as Notepad++ and Windows Notepad. Still, sometimes we just need something more simple and user friendly. While there are already so many tools available to create and edit notes, Copy Buddy notepad keeps a separate space because of its simplicity.
Copy Buddy is actually a Firefox add-on that provides a very simple notepad to create, edit, and save notes. There are some points which makes it interesting to use. You can have a look at those points below:
- Copy Buddy notepad opens in a pop-up window. Whenever you want to use it, just a click is needed to open the pop-up.
- You can expand and shrink the editing area. This is quite interesting as you can adjust the size of notepad as per your comfort. So like other add-ons, pop-up size is not fixed.
- Pressing the Enter key saves the note. Whenever you want to use that note, open the pop-up and copy it to clipboard in just one click.
- A saved note can also be edited. You can double-click on saved note to start the editing.
So these are the main features we get with this notepad add-on. You can also look at the screenshot above to see the pop-up of this add-on that provides its notepad.
Using this add-on is also very simple. When the add-on is installed, you can click add-on icon to open the pop-up. There you will see a small editing area (or notepad) that you can expand or shrink as per your choice. While writing a note, if you want to go to the next line, just use shift+enter hotkey.
When you are done with writing, press Enter key to save the note.
You may also read:
- Automatically Refresh Tabs In Firefox With Custom Time Interval.
- Save Any Instagram Video In One Click While Using Firefox.
So this is how this notepad add-on for Firefox works. There are some features that you might be expecting, like saving notes to PC as text file(s) or sharing them directly using pop-up, but these features are not here.
Still, if you are looking for a very simple notepad while working on Firefox browser, then this add-on can be given a try. It doesn’t force you to sign up or configure other settings. Just a simple notepad that you can use to copy paste a quote, some interesting text available in a webpage, or jot some thought or idea.