You must have tried many Android PDF viewer apps and happy with what you have set as your default PDF reader. However, there is a new PDF viewer for Android as well as iOS devices, which provides dozens of interesting features and deserves a space on your phone if you really need a good PDF viewer. PDF Viewer (by PSPDFKit) is the name of that Android PDF viewer app and it has almost all those features that one can expect in a perfect PDF reader. You can annotate PDF pages, add notes, create and place digital signatures, and bookmark the pages. Also, all the bookmarks and annotations are saved separately and can be accessed easily. The annotations are stored by time and page on which the annotation is done.
The list of features doesn’t end here. You can also rearrange PDF pages, generate a new PDF using the selected pages, delete pages, and add new pages to the selected PDF. The page content can also be highlighted to quickly find the important part. Moreover, you can also select the text and listen to it using the built-in text to speech option. Thus, it is a powerful Android PDF viewer and it won’t be wrong if I say it is a PDF reader and editor. You can do as much annotation and use other features and changes are saved automatically. However, do note that it can’t help you edit the PDF content.
This is what we got with this PDF viewer app (look at the image above). We have many annotation tools to use and we can also move the toolbar to the right and/or left side so that we can use the main menu (available on the top) any time easily.
Installation Part of This Free Android PDF Viewer:
PDF Viewer is built by PSPDFKit (providing PDF Framework to Dropbox, IBM, Evernote, and other companies for more than 5 years). The fact is that the app is currently in the development phase. You can’t just type PDF Viewer and find this app on the Play Store. However, for your convenience, I have added the homepage link of this app at the end of this article. From there, you may download the app for iOS or Android device. The features may be different for both the platforms, but the main features are same. Also, all the features are free. However, PSPDFKit will bring premium subscription features next year that will include digital signatures, text editing of PDF page, and annotate documents with the team in real-time. So, everything will be the same except some minor changes.
Using This Android PDF Viewer and Editor:
Once the installation is completed, its interface is opened automatically and you will see some sample PDF files. The new downloaded PDFs are also added to the list automatically. You can also view the important information related to the PDF: page count, created and modified date, PDF size, location, and more.
Open a PDF and the first page of that PDF is visible to you. The rest of the pages can be accessed by swiping to the left or using the thumbnails of the PDF. At the top part, there is the main menu bar to use all the options provided by this app. Here is a list of tools/options that you can use:
- The Edit icon explores all the annotation tools. You can also place Annotation toolbar to the left or right side. After that, you can add Notes, use highlighter, free-hand drawing, and Text tools. You can also set the brush width and color for all the tools except Notes. Also, there is a hidden feature under Highlighter icon. You need to press and hold Highlighter icon to access Digital Signature feature. After that, you can create your custom signature(s) and add it to the PDF. Using these tools is quite interesting. However, there are two options that are missing: Undo and Eraser. So, once you have added the annotation, you can’t delete it. So, you need to be a bit careful.
- The Bookmark icon/option is used to explore the PDF Outline and all the annotations done by you, so far. You can also add any page to the bookmarks list using this menu.
- Share PDF: I find this option very useful because it lets you share the current page, full PDF, or a particular range of pages to others.
- Rotate, Add, Delete Pages from PDF, and Create PDF from the Selected Pages: The icon (four boxes) available at the top right corner helps to view all the pages of any PDF file. Once you are in this mode, you can select the pages and then delete them, generate duplicates, rotate pages, or generate a new PDF from the selected pages. You can also use that + icon to add a new page to the PDF. The good thing is that you can select page size (A4, A5, US Letter, and US Legal), page orientation, and page type (Grid 5mm, Lines 5mm, Lines 7mm, etc.).
- The search option is also there to help you find a specific text available on the PDF page.
- Free Android App Locker With Face Lock Protection.
- Android App To Unfollow Those Who Don’t Follow You Back On Instagram.
This is an extraordinary Android PDF viewer app. I have come across many other PDF viewer and editor apps, but providing tons of tools for free is something which is not provided by other apps. Therefore, I find this PDF viewer better than many other apps. For me, it’s at #1 position. Even though it is the unreleased version of this app, I didn’t face any problem in using this app. I will suggest you try it and avail the benefit of plenty tools with this PDF viewer and editor.